House Fire Quickly Extinguished
By PIO Douglas Alexander
November 7, 2023

On November 7 at 1020 hours (10:20 am), units were dispatched to the 2900 block of Ballesteras Court for a house fire. First arriving units found a fire in the rear of the house in the area of the gas fireplace vent. All residents of the home had evacuated prior to the arrival of the fire service units. A quick knockdown was made with a single hand line. Extensive overhaul took place to assure that the fire had not extended within the wall of the house inside or outside. The fire was contained to the rear wall of the house and the area around the gas fireplace flue. Damage is estimated at $10,000. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries. The fire was accidental in nature and determined to be caused by leaves around the flue pipe for the gas fireplace. The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office made the determination of cause through their investigation. All units were clear and back in quarters by 1140 hours (11:40 am).

Units: R1, T1, TT1, M18, M19, Chief 1, Medic 1,
Mutual Aid: E142, E141, TT14, A149, E123, AT12, E41, WS42, HTT4, E101, B105, MTT713, OPS 101, EMS 103, Duty 12,